Lasix / Paddock / Post Schedule
Post Time - Lasix Deadline - Paddock Time Schedule
Lasix (Furosemide) Information
Lasix is administered by private veterinarians contracted by the race track. Below are rules and regulations regarding the use of furosemide from the Michigan Gaming Control Board. Your horse must receive their furosemide from the Lasix Veterinarian before the scheduled time or it will be subject to being scratched by the Stewards. Stewards may grant a 30 minute grace period if a horse is late arriving to the track due to certain circumstances. If you are going to arrive late, call the Stewards office before your scheduled Lasix time expires.
Only licensed owners, trainers, jockeys and grooms of horses racing that night are allowed in the paddock and other restricted areas.
All persons admitted to the paddock and other restricted areas must display a current Michigan Gaming Control Board racing license on their outer clothing at all times. This rule will be strictly enforced and first time violators will be given a warning. Second time violators will be fined.
Authorized helmets with chin straps are required on the track at all times, safety vests are recommended.
|Race||Post Time||Lasix Deadline|
|1||7:30 pm||4:30 pm|
|2||7:50 pm||4:50 pm|
|3||8:10 pm||5:10 pm|
|4||8:30 pm||5:30 pm|
|5||8:50 pm||5:50 pm|
|6||9:10 pm||6:10 pm|
|7||9:30 pm||6:30 pm|
|8||9:50 pm||6:50 pm|
|9||10:10 pm||7:10 pm|
|10||10:30 pm||7:30 pm|
|11||10:50 pm||7:50 pm|
|12||11:10 pm||8:10 pm|
Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB)/Stewards Office: 313-564-5397; prompt 1, then exit
- 2 to 5 mls (100–250 mg) of furosemide may be given intravenously no later than 3 hrs before post.
- Stewards may grant a 30 minute grace period if a horse is late arriving to the track.
- Furosemide is administered by private vets at a designated site.
- Furosemide eligibility is determined by previous usage, bleeder certificate, authorization from another jurisdiction or submission of an MGCB Furosemide Request Form in which a trainer and his private vet determine that use of furosemide would be in the best interest of the horse's health.
- Request for removal from the furosemide eligibility list requires written notification by the trainer to an MGCB vet before Lasix deadline time. If request is made on your horse's race day, trainer and horse must be on the grounds prior to request. A horse removed from the list may not be placed back on the list for 60 days, unless it is certified to be a bleeder by a licensed vet.